Sunday, April 10, 2011

Log 2 - Beginning of my Career: Начало моей Карьеры

Confessions: Log 2




The beginning of my career began with a small crime. It is ironic isn't it? That a small crime would lead me to do some of the greatest deeds (although my wife calls them murders) in history.


In 1950, I was riding the train home from school in Lviv one day without a ticket. The policeman who caught me agreed to let me off if I spread false information to the UPA through my sisters who were part of the blasphemis organization.


UPA stands for the anti-Soviet Ukrainian Insurgent Army, and my parents and siblings were strong supporters of it.  


Riding the train without a ticket was not my "small crime."
Betraying my family was. I lied to my sisters and told them I had heard some top-secret information from some agents arguing with each other. Of course this information was false. I felt guilty at first, but I knew the Secret Police were watching my every move. And I felt a duty to my country. I would lie to my sisters, I would betray my family, but I would help my country.


KGB Logo 2
Image Courtesy of Bing Images

This was my first good-deed to the world. I infiltrated the UPA through my sisters and helped the Soviet Union become even stronger through this elimination of the enemy.


I helped to destroy the remnants of the Ukrainian national liberation movement.


It was through this my service to the Soviet Intelligence Agency that I was called by the KGB to work for them just 3 years later. But that is a story for another time.


My prison guards are ordering me to bed, and it is curfew time.


Confessions: Log 2 - end


- Bohdan Stashynsky 

1 comment:

  1. Same old, same old Gerrmany. This is a thing a German would do. After taking money from the United States, you still decide to help the Soviet even though you knew how much United States wanted to contain communism. To achieve your goal, you not only decieted your home land but also your own family. Don't you feel a little ashamed of yourself by your actions? If I were you, I would beg for forgiveness to not only your home land, United States and also to us. Do not ever forget that it was YOUR nation who caused our european disruption so you, Germans, should lower your heads and aid your supporters and your friends right now.

    -Francois Mitterrand

    ReplyDelete