Friday, April 8, 2011

Log 4 - First Assassination: Первое Убийство

Confessions: Log 4


My espionage career took a drastic turn when I was summoned to the headquarters of the Soviet intelligence in Karlshorst. There, I was given the most important job of the century.


I was to assassinate Lev Rebet, one of worst enemies of the USSR and a leader of the Ukrainian emigration.


This was a political assassination, and I had no remorse or mercy for my victim. Rebet was intellectual and ideological. He was an anti-Soviet Ukrainian writer and publicist, just like my sisters and parents who strongly supported the Anti-Soviet Ukrainian regime.


I was taught not to have many opinions of my own by the KGB. They encouraged me to follow orders and enjoy life through that. But I thought Rebet was a hideous man, inside and out. On the outside, he was of medium height, with glasses, and had a bald head. On the inside, he did his best to undermine the Soviet Union. 




Lev Rebet: My first victim
Image Courtesy of Yahoo

 
Needless to say, I almost enjoyed his death.


In 1957, when I had just turned 25, the KGB ordered my first assassination. I was to use a cyanide capsule gun, and inject a small stream of poison gas into Rebet's face.


This gas was wonderful. It was deadly, and invisible. It was a colorless, odorless gas that caused the blood to clot almost immediately after intering the bloodstream. These toxic fumes cut off the arteries supplying the brain of blood, making the death look like a heart attack. It attacks the body quite quickly, taking only a mere 15 minutes to render the victim dead, and a few minutes later, the poison would disappear from the body, leaving no trace. When an autopsy would be performed hours later, the victim would be pronounced dead of heart failure.


It was the ultimate weapon. It was made by the Soviets, the ultimate race. And I, the ultimate assassin, got to test it out.


Cyanide Capsule Used in Mission 1
Image Courtesy of nytimes.com

The day I was to murder Rebet quickly approached. And I after I broke into Rebet's house while he was at work through the back door, which he stupidly left unlocked, I decided that Rebet should die elsewhere. This evil anti-Soviet should not die in the comfort of his own home.


I was given drugs to widen my blood vessels just before the assassination just in case I were to breathe in even a tiny amount of poison. As you can see, I was very valued by the KGB.


Assassination LR
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Date: 12 October, 1957
Place: Munich.


I entered Rebet's work building, disguised as an ordinary working-class man with a newspaper in his hand. In this newspaper, quite ingeniously hidden, if I may say so myself, was a fully pumped poison atomizer mist gun, waiting to meet it's victim.


I was prepared to lie in wait for when I saw Rebet, and I walked around the building aimlessly for a short while. It was only when I was heading down stairs, that I saw Rebet heading up. I inconspicuously shot the stream of poison mist in his face, and kept walking down the stairs at a leisurely pace. The worst thing a assassin can do is run from the scene of the crime. I could hear his body thump onto the ground behind me, but I did not stop to find out.


The next morning, Lev Rebet's death was reported in the news. He died of a "heart attack."


Mission 1 - Complete


Confessions: Log 4 - end


- Joseph Leman
  aka Bohdan Strashynsky

1 comment: